Thursday, June 26, 2008

We Have a Winner!

I got the idea for this post from Jen over at 4tunate . She had a sippy cup post. Well, mine is a little different. I've had SOO much trouble getting Gavin to take a sippy cup. He absolutely refused to take one no matter what beverage was in it. I tried everything from formula, to water, to sweet tea (he LOVES sweet tea). Keep in mind, that he has ALWAYS been very particular bout the things he puts in his mouth. He will only take an orthodontic nipple, and has been like that since I put him on the bottle at 4 days old...yeah, breastfeeding didn't really work out. He also has one particular pacifier that he would take...which he no longer takes. So, I tried 5 different sippy cups, and I think I've finally found a winner!
The Nuk Learner:
This is the very first sippy cup I bought Gavin when he was 6 months old. He never really warmed up to it. I didn't buy another for a while, because I thought it would just take a little time to adjust...He never did!
Playtex First Sipster:
Sippy cup #2...He hated it...although he loved to chew on it, he wouldn't drink from it.

Nuby Twin Handle:

He wasn't too crazy about this one either. He would sip from it, then spit it out and look at me like I was crazy!


Gerber Transition:

I'm telling you, he wouldn't even put this cup in his mouth...I guess he knew what it was...he didn't like it.

Nuby Sport Sipper:

This is the sippy cup he actually drank from. I bought it today and we took it with us out to eat and he actually drank from it. Opened his mouth for it and everything...I didn't even have to make him! Keep your fingers crossed that he continues to love it!
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger debi9kids said...

That is the only cup mine would drink from for FOREVER! Just watch them REALLY close! My little guy Will chewed on it and actually bit off a piece of the plastic.
(so, now I FORCED him to use those Gerber ones that you have pictured above it)

June 27, 2008 at 1:29 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

RJ will only drink from the Nuby sippy cups too! I think it's funny because they are one of the cheapest kinds (in our stores at least). Tell Gavin we say hello!

June 27, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home